All of our cabins are restored from 100-year-old log homes and updated with central air & heat. They all feature fireplaces, porches, claw-foot tubs, a grill and are within a few feet of at least one pond. Breakfast provided includes coffee and homemade cinnamon rolls that you can bake at your convenience. Our guests enjoy getting away from it all and usually appreciate that we do not have TVs or wifi in the cabins. There is normal cell phone service.
Q. What's nearby?
Green Frog Farm is minutes from Tennessee Safari park and near Jackson, TN. You can spend an entire day exploring the grounds.
Included in your stay is access to the restored historic structures of Green Frog. Your self-guided tour includes the blacksmith shop, print shop (with working linotype machine), one-room schoolhouse and chapel. Green Frog is also home to Cotton Museum of the South which features an original cotton gin, seed house (with antique loom, display) and general store.
Louise May Pearson Arboretum
Over 100 species of trees are on display throughout the grounds in the state-certified arboretum. Guides are available at the train station at the entrance to Green Frog.
Landscaped Grounds and Fishing Ponds
There are four ponds at Green Frog to explore surrounded by farmland, including a blackberry and blueberry farm. Fishing is allowed, if you bring your own pole.
Shops at Green Frog
There are two local businesses on the property at the front entrance.
- Anita’s Designs: Local boutique
- Nutrition on the Farm: Loaded teas & meal replacement shakes
- Tennessee Safari Park: This is our most popular local attraction, less than 3 miles from Green Frog. Drive through 5.5 miles of Safari Roads in your own car and interact and feed animals such as zebras, ostriches, camels, and kangaroos.
- Discovery Park of America: a state-of-the art 100,000-square-foot museum on a beautifully landscaped heritage park in Union City (one-hour drive)
- Shiloh National Park: Outdoor military history site includes Civil War battlefields & self-guided driving tours. (1.5-hour drive, near Corinth MS)
- Natchez Trace State Park: hiking trails through forest and fields and along the lakeshores and streams of Natchez Park. (one-hour drive)
- Bob’s Burgers: Local burger favorite in Bells (3 miles away)
- Pizza Pro (in Alamo, 3 miles away)
Many more food options in Jackson, 15 miles away.
Q. Is there a maximum number of people?
A. All of our cabins start at a base rate that includes 2 guests. Each additional guest adds $15 per day. There is also a one-time flat cleaning fee of $25 that is added to your stay.
Q. Can we fish in the ponds?
A. Yes! Catch & release fishing is allowed in all the ponds. You'll need to bring your own poles and bait.
Q. Do guests need to bring their own firewood?
A. No - we supply all the firewood you need and we'll set wood and kindling in the fireplace for you in the winter. In the summer we don't allow indoor fires. You can warm yourself by turning the air down or stepping outside.
Q. Need assistance with a reservation?
A. Call 917 499-2440
Q. What's the cancellation policy?
A. You can cancel with a full refund two weeks in advance of your reservation date, 50% refund with at least one week notice and no refund with less than a week's notice.